Lacey Kaye Creations is ready! If you're wondering what design to order, I can help! Below is a list of categories and I have many designs in each. Get your thoughts going!
4th of July
Aggies, Longhorns (I can more than likely get your school)
Boy STUFF, like "Big Bro, Lil Bro" and many other types of boy designs, like robots, trucks, tractors
Characters, like Superman, Batman, Pooh, Tiger, Strawberry Shortcake, Dora, etc
Girl STUFF, like "Big Sis, Lil Sis" and many other types of girlie things, like cupcakes and bows, etc
St. Patty's Day
BLOG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
I am working on updating the LKC blog but my Etsy page is up to date with ready-to-ship items. You can visit my Etsy page by clicking here:
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Sunday, December 19, 2010
99% of what I do is CUSTOM. Therefore it is best to ask me for a quote for exactly what you want. To see some pricing estimates, you can view numerous items for sale in my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/laceykayecreations.
Embroidery and Applique is a skill and craft very commonly undervalued among small business owners like myself. After a LOT of coaching and encouragement from fellow businessmen and women, I have come up with a pricing system that gives me credit for my designs, supplies and hard work, and also helps me make a small profit at the same time. I can't tell you how many people gawk at pricing on hand-made items. At the end of the day, all I can say is that I have put a tremendous amount of time, effort, and energy into the process I use to price my items and into making those items, and it is more than fair. I look at Etsy shops similar to mine and while some may be cheaper, I can promise you those individuals are devaluing their work. On top of that, I guarantee I am a top-notch perfectionist (very OCD!) and you are getting an item that is of the highest quality using the highest quality products. I pay income tax just like the rest of America and I'm trying to run a successful business while doing what I love.
I hate to sound like a snotty pants, but there's too many emails and comments about pricing for me not to make this post. For those customers needing an explanation, I'm happy to provide. For the average appliqued t-shirt, here's a breakdown of my time to put your mind at ease:
- EMAIL and correspondence: 15 mins on average per order...from when I receive an order via email and respond discussing details. Most of the time we will exchange emails at least 10 times throughout your order process, if not more.
- SHOPPING: Let's say 30 mins on average for this one, but it's way longer than that! Yes, I stock a lot of shirts (and I LOVE it when I get to use one!), but a lot of orders have special requests. I either shop online for your t-shirts, or make a run to a local store to see if we can get a shirt in a speedy time in order to get it to you even sooner! Everyone makes a request in order for their item to be unique...I do my best to meet all of those requests, that's what a small business like mine should do and I take pride in it.
- DESIGN: 20 mins on average per order...I use a Brother software that communicates with my Brother embroidery machine. This means choosing the design files and merging them together to make your final, one-of-a-kind design. I then send this design proof to you via email for your approval. I have to make sure names are spelled correctly.
- SET-UP: 10 mins on average per item...I adhere a paper stabilizer to the hoop that connects to my machine and then attach a t-shirt (or other item) to that hoop making sure it is centered and set to stitch in the correct place. This also means, the more items you have, the more set-up time there is. It's hard to discount a "batch" order. Each item requires the same amount of time to set-up and sew.
- STITCHING: 45 mins on average per order...yes, in order to outline the item, cut and apply the fabric to an applique, cut away excess fabric, stitch the rest of the outlines and then clear the excess stabilizer from the back of the shirt, this process is the longest. On shirts with more detail and more stitching, this process can take up to 2 hours or longer.
- SHIPPING: 10 mins on average per order. You'd think this was the easy part, but it's the small things that add up. I find your printed order and locate your mailing address, usually via your payment confirmation email. I try to copy and paste addresses to ensure I don't make a mistake in the shipping address. This guarantees your item gets to you the FIRST time I try to send it! After entering and confirming your details, printing the label, filling your envelope/box, and taping the box, it's been at least 10-15 mins.
This is a little over 2 hours for one shirt...and a lot of the time it's more than that! After shipping costs and tax, my average order is around $30-35. Not bad for a boutique-quality item personalized and mailed to your door step!
So, for those of you who were wondering,"WHAT'S the big deal with this embroidery stuff and why does it cost so much?" There ya go! If you have any questions or care for me to elaborate even more, I'm HAPPY TO! Just shoot me an email! email@example.com
*MINIMUM ORDER: $10 PLUS SHIPPING*
*Pricing is ALWAYS subject to change! And all orders within Texas will be charged TAX!